First time initial sync MMW5-MMA

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

brutal

First time initial sync MMW5-MMA

Post by brutal »

I've read the wiki and help.

I've used MM for a long time now and I just can't figure out how to get MM5 and my MMA to sync over either USB or WiFi.

I removed all media from the phone as the album art was somehow a train wreck anyway, and primarily the impetus to redo the sync using MM5. My PC library is super clean and organized (directories, tags, art, filenames, etc.) and I've customized the folder/track filename format. artist/year - album/album artist - track# - track name.mp3 (sample)

I have a profile and specify ONLY an MP3 folder on my PC (Library) to sync to a specific folder on the Phone SD (device). When I try to run that it tries to sync the ENTIRE library (which contains FLAC folders) and throws a few pages of errors for unsupported format and stops short. Nothing copied or syncd.

If I try to WiFi sync from the MMA, it acts like it's "downloading" files (though the file count is short). It does this TWICE and then errors out with Updated 17 playlist from server, Unsupported format (4 tracks), Failed to download 5407 tracks (there's much more than that.)

I've removed and recreated these sync profiles to no avail. It worked great on MM4 until I started getting some weird duplicate filename sync issues. I thought MM5 was the answer. Seems not to be the case.

It's super frustrating and I'll probably just go back to using MM4.

Any suggestions?
MM5 Windows --> MMA
Galaxy S9, Android 10.
Lowlander

Re: First time initial sync MMW5-MMA

Post by Lowlander »

1. Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?

2. MediaMonkey only Syncs what is selected. It includes anything selected on the Sync List, so maybe you selected a Collection or Playlist that causes the unexpected files to Sync.

3. Do the files that cause errors actually play in MediaMonkey?
brutal

Post by brutal »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 pm 1. Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?

2. MediaMonkey only Syncs what is selected. It includes anything selected on the Sync List, so maybe you selected a Collection or Playlist that causes the unexpected files to Sync.

3. Do the files that cause errors actually play in MediaMonkey?
1. 5.0.4.2693 Gold (Lifetime)

2. You might have hit paydirt there. I found an "all albums" playlist that included... wait for it... all albums (including tracks) from the entire library! I feel dumber now. I'll do a better job of separating the FLAC file playlists from the MP3 file playlists now that I know that. Still unsure how it got added to the sync. I'm thinking it was on the phone, got sync'd to the server, than MMW5 picked up "all albums" and tried to sync it back.

3. Unsure, I think most of them were mp4 videos.

I ended up just copying from the PC to the phone but I'll try to sync again when I get back from a work trip. I don't want to trash it again before I go. I was just getting tired of all the album art on MMA being so wrong.

Thanks!
MM5 Windows --> MMA
Galaxy S9, Android 10.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »