MMA v2.0 - Phillips Android TV

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

lthrcub

MMA v2.0 - Phillips Android TV

Post by lthrcub »

I have a Phillips Android TV.

If I try to load MMA v2.0 through the Google Store it tells me the app is not compatible.

So I downloaded it manually and sideloaded it. The app loads and works slow, but fine. It sees local files on the tv and on the USB stick.

I am trying to add a folder to my Synology NAS, I can't figure out how to add it. When I try to do anything setup it tells me that it needs to grant access, but then tells me that no app is able to do that install Google Files, which is incompatible with my device. I have Google File Manager installed and have the NAS setup in there and can click on files and they play.

I can't come up with any way to get the MMA app to add a remote location or to see something mapped through the file manager.

Hoping someone else has a suggestion.
Lowlander

Re: MMA v2.0 - Phillips Android TV

Post by Lowlander »

MMA is not Android TV compatible (yet) and can't scan NAS shares. You can access files via UPnP in MMA from DLNA media server on a NAS.
lthrcub

Post by lthrcub »

I figures there should be some way to do that.

I have a Synology NAS that serves SMB, UPnP and DLNA natively from the NAS.

In VLC I can see all of those on the TV with no problem, but I can't figure out how to access anything other than local storage on MMA.

When I go to Media Server in MMA it shows nothing, and doesn't give me any option to add anything.

Any suggestions.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to use UPnP in MMA. The DLNA Server on the NAS should show there.
Peke

Post by Peke »

lthrcub wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 pm I figures there should be some way to do that.

I have a Synology NAS that serves SMB, UPnP and DLNA natively from the NAS.

In VLC I can see all of those on the TV with no problem, but I can't figure out how to access anything other than local storage on MMA.

When I go to Media Server in MMA it shows nothing, and doesn't give me any option to add anything.

Any suggestions.
Can you add some screenshots from VLC and MMA and NAS DLNA/UPnP Server settings?

It is possible that you fail under ghost issue where NAS is not announced/recognized itself so MMA do not see it.

RE Philips and MMA: If you have Mouse/keyboard connected to TV and know how to sideload android apps on Philips TV You should be able to use it normally even UI do not fully pass TV tests.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts