[REQ] MM5 Play One Song at a Time - IMPLEMENTED

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MattTown

[REQ] MM5 Play One Song at a Time - IMPLEMENTED

Post by MattTown »

Hi,
I know that the default action of MM5 is to play the songs in the Now Playing list one at a time, and I do use Auto DJ to keep that list going for me on most occasions.
For other occasions, I want to know if it is possible to configure MM5 to play just one song at a time, even though multiple songs are queued in Now Playing? If so I would direct a particular playlist to Now Playing and then have MM5 wait until I clicked on Play for each successive track.
If not, what combination of controls would let me put one song at at time into Now Playing?
Cheers
Matt
Last edited by MattTown on Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Rob_S

Re: MM5 Play One Song at a Time

Post by Rob_S »

If you were to set your default action to clear lists and play selected only, that should do it.

Make sure your playback rules option is set to default or as above
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Peke

Post by Peke »

MattTown wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:31 pm Hi,
I know that the default action of MM5 is to play the songs in the Now Playing list one at a time, and I do use Auto DJ to keep that list going for me on most occasions.
For other occasions, I want to know if it is possible to configure MM5 to play just one song at a time, even though multiple songs are queued in Now Playing? If so I would direct a particular playlist to Now Playing and then have MM5 wait until I clicked on Play for each successive track.
If not, what combination of controls would let me put one song at at time into Now Playing?
Cheers
Matt
If I got this correctly the option you seek is Play menu -> Stop after (every file) and MM will stop on end of each played track till you disable or restart MM. As for adding one track at time in Now playing I use Play Next default action if MM is playing so that while I am listening music I can easily add tracks from library with simple double click. You just need to make best combination of Default play now action Playback rules and Stop after.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Rob
Rob_S wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:35 pm If you were to set your default action to clear lists and play selected only, that should do it.
Make sure your playback rules option is set to default or as above
Thanks for that, a bit of experimentation got me there - with clear lists and play selected only the Now Playing list stays empty until I put a single file there (via right click>Play Now), which then gets replaced by the next song that I select.

Peke
Peke wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:17 am If I got this correctly the option you seek is Play menu -> Stop after (every file) and MM will stop on end of each played track till you disable or restart MM.
Yes, that's what I'd like because then I could populate Now Playing with everthing I want and then just step through it using the play control in the bottom panel. However, that could complicate things and adding one at a time to Now Playing works well enough.

Cheers
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I would expect that you set Clear and play selected when tracks are not playing and Play next when they play. So once you add first track to now playing and start playing then every other double click on a track would just add it to now playing as next.

Or you can also set it to play next, but you then you need to clear now playing before you are setting up new one.
Best regards,
Peke
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Thanks Peke, that is working as expected, apart from some sensitivity of MM about recognising double clicks. Manageable at my end.
Cheers
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thx for update, glad that we found best solution.
Best regards,
Peke
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

For the information of readers, Version 2024.3005 has a control for playing one track at a time as described by Peke above.

Cheers, Matt
MattTown

Re: [REQ] MM5 Play One Song at a Time - IMPLEMENTED

Post by MattTown »

Now that there is a stop control, it would be great if that could be selectively applied to specific songs in the Now Playing list.
So, I put a bunch of songs into the playlist. What I want to do now is play them two at a time, back to back. That would work nicely if I could right click on the second song in the now playing list and select a "stop after this track" option.

Cheers
Mat