Background for main panel on "Playing"

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

BillH99999

Background for main panel on "Playing"

Post by BillH99999 »

I just downloaded MediaMonkey and am testing it out. So far I like it a lot.

However, I do have a question. On the Playing "tab", I have the main panel set to display the lyrics. I use the light theme as opposed to the dark theme. I was just wondering if there is some way to set the background to be a white background (or no background). I see how to set it to the album art, (blurred, darken, or original) or to cycle artist images. I am having a hard time reading the lyrics with any of these options.

Thanks!
Bill
Lowlander

Re: Background for main panel on "Playing"

Post by Lowlander »

There is no user customizable setting for this. It's up to the Skin as to what colors are used.
BillH99999

Post by BillH99999 »

As far as I can see there are only three skins, "Material Design", "Metro M" and "Monkey Grove". All of these display the same options for the background. These display the lyrics with a blurry white backround over the album cover or artist images.

Am I missing something? Are there more skins? Is there one that wouldn't have the lyrics in a blurry white background?

Thanks,
Bill
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, there are: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... 1/skins-1/ However I don't know if any do what you're looking for.

You do have the Lyrics panel, and Lyrics can be shown in Preview.
BillH99999

Post by BillH99999 »

I download a couple of these and they seem to change the rest of the Media Monkey UI, but not the main panel when showing lyrics. The ones I tried still show the lyrics in a blurry white background. It's too bad there isn't an option to have no background. The existing options make it very difficult to read for me.

Bill