Casting: MMA does not trigger device discovery [#20861]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

drunknmonkey

Casting: MMA does not trigger device discovery [#20861]

Post by drunknmonkey »

MMA 1171

It seems like MMA does not trigger device discovery of casting devices.

If I come home from work or wake up and connect the smartphone to the wifi and try to select a casting device, the list is just empty. I can retry as often as I want.
Only if i open VLC app and and open the cast list there then MMA also shows the device list.
rusty

Re: Casting: MMA does not trigger device discovery

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I can occasionally replicate this, but when it occurs, I just tap the cast button again and available devices are discovered. Are you saying that even if you try again after a few seconds (without opening another app) that device discovery continues to fail?

If yes, can you replicate the bug 2x (waiting a few seconds between the first and second attempt to discover cast devices), and then submit a debug log (from the menu, click Help > Send logs) and share the log ID here?

Thanks!

-Rusty

EDIT: on further testing, I was able to replicate this. It doesn't occur consistently and often resolves itself, but we're looking into it and tracking it at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20861
drunknmonkey

Re: Casting: MMA does not trigger device discovery [#20861]

Post by drunknmonkey »

Are you saying that even if you try again after a few seconds (without opening another app) that device discovery continues to fail?
Yes exactly.

Log ID: GFJHYBEZCQ
Before sending the log I replicated the bug 3 times. MMA only showed my dlna TV. The 2 chromecast speakers were not shown.
drunknmonkey

Re: Casting: MMA does not trigger device discovery [#20861]

Post by drunknmonkey »

After sending the logs of my last post MMA suddenly found the chromecast speakers.

I subsequently sent a log: YJQSRUN9WI