Deleting Duplicate Songs

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Clevelandkid

Deleting Duplicate Songs

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hello,

I am attempting to clean up my MMW music library, before I do a Sync. to my WWA phone, and I am following the instruction provided by the Media Monkey Wiki.

Following those instructions on deleting duplicates, all seems to be progressing well so far.
As per the directions " In the Tree, go to the library > Files to Edit > Duplicate content node." (my selection) and was prompted to analyze my library for duplicates.
After the Analysis was completed, I was instructed to click the '+' to show which tracks were found to be duplicated.
At that point, a list of songs titles appeared on the left side of the screen showing the song titles and artist names in duplicate and was told to manually delete the tracks that I no longer require.

As I click on the songs in the list, and they appear in the box to the right, the titles and paths show, and I select which duplicated title I want deleted from that screen.
After it highlights and right clicking it, I would select "remove" from the drop-down menu and would the song then become deleted back over on my "entire library's " screen?

Your guidance is most appreciated.

Best regards,
CK
Lowlander

Re: Deleting Duplicate Songs

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, deleting from Duplicate Content deletes from anywhere in MediaMonkey.