Which version of 5 BETA Broke Now Playing? [#20842]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

Which version of 5 BETA Broke Now Playing? [#20842]

Post by Dryst »

The latest couple of BETAs have a completely broken and unusable now playing list. What is the highest version of 5 that retains a working now playing that matches the behavior found in MMW4?

The order list is sporadic and very random. It does not make sense what is shown. Changing sort order does not fix this, and shuffle is never used.
Lowlander

Re: Which version of 5 BETA Broke Now Playing?

Post by Lowlander »

Is this in the Playing node or the Playing window? If node, does browsing away and back (or start a new tab) resolve this?

Which Build (Help > About) are you currently using?

Possibly: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20842
Dryst

I use Audo DJ excelus

Post by Dryst »

It was the highest available BETA that I have now uninstalled. I reinstalled version MediaMonkey_5.1.0.2832.exe, because I do not remember ever seeing this issue. I have no idea why this behavior would have been changed.

It is the right panel playing list. I use Auto DJ exclusively, and I have it set to retain a history of 100 tracks. I also pre-load five tracks for advance notice of what is coming next. I see no more than 101 tracks shown in the right most playing pane. For reasons unknown, this was changed. It was showing over one thousand Auto DJ tracks (why would it be showing me this?). I have made no changes other than update to newer BETAs.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A debug log (step 4b) capturing this would be helpful in resolving this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

I am playing MMW4 right now, and here is the behavior of the playing right panel with Auto DJ currently active:

the currently playing list currently has a maximum content of the Auto DJ history setting (for me it is 100) plus the future Auto DJ track setting (for me that is five). There is never more than 105 total tracks in the list ever. The currently playing track is always 101, and the five below are the next to be played tracks.

MMW5 used to have behavior as above until some newer BETAs changed this for reasons unknown that do not make sense (to me anyway).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's what it does for me on the latest 2024 too.