recent issues with the "Artwork:lookup" function/link in MM5 ? [#20666]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: art image search

Post by Lowlander »

Does it load something or nothing at all?
Barry4679

Re: art image search

Post by Barry4679 »

chadboy811 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:29 am It doesn't load anything at all it just keeps searching for long periods of time and I just press cancel.
See this post here from one of the MM Developers.

There is a problem with one of the tools used to build MM5.
The above post describes the workaround until the problem is resolved.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Utestit

Re: recent issues with the "Artwork:lookup" function/link in MM5 ? [#20666]

Post by Utestit »

Hi,

a little follow-up on above (solved) ticket: on my side, auto-lookup for ArtWork no longer works (even with both options ticked in >Options>Metadata Lookup>ArtWork & UpDate Tag).

Clicking on the link works (box opens search & offers ArtWork suggestions),
but when playing a title with missing/unknown artwork, no artwork is searched/added automatically (the way Lyrics are, with proper options ticked).
Unless I'm wrong it used to work automatically (adding cover art when playing a title)

Anybody else experiencing that ? Any workaround ?

Many thanks ! :)

side-note/@barry: thanks for suggesting using the beta version (instead of the alpha, up-to-date 5.0.4/2693 I'm running). I tried earlier this year to run the beta, but due to several crashes I hadn't experienced, I shifted back to the alpha. No crashes since (maybe somewhat more robust). Maybe I should try again sometime... Thanks, though !
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

This is still an issue in 3003. The image lookup was working fine when I first was using 3003 over this past weekend but now mine no longer works (again). Thankfully the workaround previously mentioned in the thread with deleting the GPUCache temp folder fixed the issue, but this is only a temporary solution.
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

thanks, Kilo
Kilo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:04 am This is still an issue in 3003. [...] Thankfully the workaround previously mentioned in the thread with deleting the GPUCache temp folder fixed the issue, but this is only a temporary solution.
Yes, the workaround offers a partial solution :
. manual search is OK (& great ! & thanks !)
. auto-search however won't start...

Maybe something for a later bug correction... Thanks !
paulhaen

Post by paulhaen »

I also had the issue with artwork search not working so I deleted the cache folder but still the problem remained.
At a certain point I got an error message
"Application throw an exception Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of Undefined (reading 'document')
Script file://helpers/searchTools.js
Line 622: if (!w_window.document.body)
Callstack:
file://helpers/searchTools.js : eval(622)

Would you like to restart MediaMonkey in Safe mode?"

Somehow on the background I saw that the Edge browser came up with a Google page in which I had to agree with their conditions, after I agreed and started MediaMonkey the artwork search functions again.
So it might has something to do with Google blocking the search.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Utestit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:37 am Yes, the workaround offers a partial solution :
Auto-search should work too, it uses exactly the same code. Do the tracks contain album title and album artist and do you have it switched on in Options - Library - Matadata lookup?
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

paulhaen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:14 pm I also had the issue with artwork search not working so I deleted the cache folder but still the problem remained.
At a certain point I got an error message
"Application throw an exception Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of Undefined (reading 'document')
Script file://helpers/searchTools.js
Line 622: if (!w_window.document.body)
Callstack:
file://helpers/searchTools.js : eval(622)

Would you like to restart MediaMonkey in Safe mode?"

Somehow on the background I saw that the Edge browser came up with a Google page in which I had to agree with their conditions, after I agreed and started MediaMonkey the artwork search functions again.
So it might has something to do with Google blocking the search.
Which MM5 version do you use? This error was fixed nearly year ago and now does not make much sense.

Yes, Google in EU forces users to choose what to do with cookies, otherwise it does not allow to search images at all. It should not be Edge window, but Chromium window and should be displayed on top.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Based on where you are you may have to do a cookie consent.
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

Hi paulhaen,

thanks for sharing.
On my side, above workaround solved the manual search (not the "auto-search" though - as mentioned above).
I do also get the google request, but upon validating/logging in, no issue. Hope it helps...

Best,
Last edited by Utestit on Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

MiPi wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:45 am
Utestit wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:37 am Yes, the workaround offers a partial solution :
Auto-search should work too, it uses exactly the same code. Do the tracks contain album title and album artist and do you have it switched on in Options - Library - Matadata lookup?
Thanks for the feed-back, MiPi :
. my tracks always contain Title and Artist (not always album, though)
. I tried with tracks that have Artist+Title+Album - auto-search won't launch either...
. yes, Auto-Search is switched on in Options - Library - Matadata lookup

sidenote: what I mean by "auto-search not working/launching" is that it won't launch upon playing a specific track (it used too). But I can click on the "Artwork: lookup", and the usual (great) process will start... It's just bit cumbersome when 10s of tracks need to be updated (doesn't happen every week, but sometimes...)
Thanks again !

Any clue most welcome !
Cheers !
RickMM

Lookup Artwork not working

Post by RickMM »

I just ripped a new CD and it cannot return any artwork for the new CD, I then tried to use the "Lookup image" feature but no image was returned. I then tried to use the "Lookup image" feature for a few existing CDs (that had previously worked fine) and the search failed to return and images (actually the searching just kept on going and going with no success).
RickMM

Re: Lookup Artwork not working

Post by RickMM »

I found this

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 4&start=15

It fixed the issue.

I'm on version 5.0.4.2690 does the latest version permanently fix the issue?
Confirm that this action resolved the problem for me
Restart MM5 after rebooting .... the art acquisition bug was still happening; Lookup Image menu item was unresponsive
Close down MM5
Delete the folder as advised
Restart MM5, and retry the Lookup Image menu item
==> panel opens, and displays album art successfully
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

RickMM

Post by RickMM »

Thanks. It worked for me.