Application throw an exception Field "ID" not found

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Poiesis

Application throw an exception Field "ID" not found

Post by Poiesis »

Installing MediaMonkey_5.0.4.2693 with automatic copying the database from MM4 (life license). MMW5 seems to display all the songs correctly but after a while there's a message:

"The database seems to be corrupted. Attempt to fix it?"

I choosed "Yes" one time and "No" another time, but the problem remains.

After a minute or so there's an Application Error window:

Application throw an exception Field "ID" not found in result (SELECT Songs. ID, Songs. IDMedia, Song.SongPath FROM Song WHERE Song.TrackType in (4,5,6,7) AND NOT EXIST (SELECT NULL FROM Covers WHERE Covers.IDSong=Songs. ID)) (N:\Delphi\MediaMonkey504\HTML5Monkey\SQLiteDB.pas, line 1658)

Would you like to restart MediaMonkey in Safe mode?

No matter what you do. After that message thousands of tracks vanished from the database and the error message pop up continuosly.

MMW4 works well

MMW4.DB file and all the tracks are in a NAS

SO Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Versione 10.0.22631 build 22631

Thank you for any help
Lowlander

Re: Application throw an exception Field "ID" not found

Post by Lowlander »

Can you try to do a full rebuild after fresh MMW4 database copy?

Is the MMW5 database also stored on the NAS?

You may also want to see if the latest MediaMonkey 2024 beta build works better for you.
Poiesis

Post by Poiesis »

Hi, thank you for the answer.

I tried several time to manually rebuild the database. The rebuilding sometimes started also automatically, after the message "The database seems to be corrupted. Attempt to fix it?".
Sometimes the rebuilding freeze in the FoldersHier step, sometimes the procedure ends, but without solving the problem.

I tried also a couple of unistalling/installing MMW5 (deleting ini ; db and all the remaining folders after unistalling).

After the installing, MMW5 database is automatically created in the same folder of the MMW4 database, on the NAS.

Now I'll give a try to the beta build...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can also try moving the database to an internal drive to see if that helps.
Poiesis

Post by Poiesis »

I've done as follow:

- Moved the MM4 database from the NAS to the default local folder
- Installed MM5 (official, not beta), with automatic copying the database from MM4
- Briefly tested MM5: all ok
- Moved the MM5 database from the default local folder onto the NAS (modifying the .ini file accordingly)

Now MM5 seems to work quite well, but once there was an error: Could not retrieve data "SELECT ID FROM MediaServers = 1" : disk I/O error (10, 10)

Maybe a communication glitch with the NAS?

The reason for the database on the NAS instead of a local folder is that I use MM alternatively on two computers, and I want that MM remains synchronized and updated in both the PCs.
But MM5 seems not so stable at the moment...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you can reproduce things going wrong with the database on the NAS, please capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

Depending on how powerful the NAS hardware is, it may be bogged down to much. A problem can be a network bottleneck if you're also doing lots of file transaction when accessing the database. Is only a single PC at a time using the database or are there times both are using the same database?
Poiesis

Post by Poiesis »

I use MM with only one PC at a time.

Yes, it may be a network or a NAS problem, but MM4 with the same hardware and network works well (slower than MM5, but without any errors, independently of the network load).

If the Application error recurs I'll try to capture it in a log, as you suggest.

Thankyou