V5.X Gold license no longer working

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

omoeller

V5.X Gold license no longer working

Post by omoeller »

With installation of the 2024-3003 version my V5 gold license key is no longer working and now showing in standard mode. License key itself is dated from May 2023, an upgrade from V5 to lifetime is not being offered. So how can I get the yet missing functionality back? Thanks!
rusty

Re: V5.X Gold license no longer working

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We're planning on creating MM 2024 license keys this week. Anyone who purchased an MM 5 license in 2023 or later will receive a free upgrade.

In addition, anyone with an MMW x.x Gold license can upgrade to a lifetime license at a 40% discount. You can contact us via the helpdesk for such a coupon if you want it prior to the release of MMW 2024.

Does that clarify?

-Rusty
omoeller

Post by omoeller »

It does - Thanks for your helpful feedback and response Rusty. I just opened a corresponding helpdesk ticket.

Cheers, Oliver
singingwolf

Post by singingwolf »

So will you complete the 5.1 beta for those who invested in Media Monkey 5?

Or we forced to buy another new version (if purchased before 2023).
kowcop

Post by kowcop »

Is the 'lifetime' license my lifetime, or the MediaMonkey version's lifetime?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Our policy has always been that:
- Purchasers of an y.x license receive a minimum of 1 year of updates of the Gold version. So if you've purchased a 5.x license anytime after 1/1/2023 you'll receive a free upgrade to MM 2024. And if you purchased a 5.x license prior to that date, you'll receive a coupon entitling you to a discounted purchase on MM 2024. Until now, such coupons have always been at a 40% discount.
- Purchasers of a lifetime license receive updates to all future versions of MediaMonkey Gold.

Thanks!

-Rusty
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

Is a license update already needed for 2024.0.0.30xx Beta?

How and where can I request actively a license update (even for lifetime license)?

Nevertheless... somehow quite disappointing to be forced to buy a new license 2,5 years after MM5. The good old MM4 license was valid for a 10 years update period...
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Toemmel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:16 pm Nevertheless... somehow quite disappointing to be forced to buy a new license 2,5 years after MM5. The good old MM4 license was valid for a 10 years update period...
I see this as a long overdue change and your comment about your license being valid for 10 years clearly demonstrates why. Easy answer is to stay with your current version and not upgrade.

I am grateful for the product and a longtime licensed user, but I think the developers deserve a few buck for their efforts. 10 years was a good ride on them..
gemstones

Post by gemstones »

Hi, I just need to know? Do I need to buy a new Gold Licence?

I've been using my MediaMonkey Gold - Lifetime License successfully with MM3, MM4 and MM5 until this week. My Gold - Lifetime License was purchased from element 5, order no. 230620705 on 23rd Sept 2008!

Yes, I was shocked to find I'd been a MM user for 16 odd years as well! It took me a while to fully commit to MM5 and would very much like the Gold functionality reinstated.

This all started a few days ago when Artwork Image Search (all dialogues) stopped working in version MediaMonkey_5.1.0.2832.
For me, Image search has stopped working a few times over the last year or so, so I thought I'd install the latest beta, MediaMonkey_2024.0.0.3005. Unfortunately Image Search still wasnt working, after a bit more investigation, I noticed my Gold Licence hadnt been applied as it normally is and my Licence Key was not being accepted! I then realised you've dropped MM5 in favour of MM2024. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with artwork Image Search breaking but I'd like full functionality back ASAP please.

Ive since uninstalled MediaMonkey_2024.0.0.3005 and reverted back to MediaMonkey_5.1.0.2832 and my Licence Key doesnt appear to be valid in that version now either even though it had been accepted and working up to the beginning of this week.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Image search: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... kup-fails/

License Invalid (it normally is because the wrong License Username is being entered): https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... key-usage/
gemstones

Post by gemstones »

Thanks for response,

Image Search: Ive tried deleting contents of C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\GPUCache several times without success. On reopening MM, it appears to repopulate/reinstate the contents of GPUCache folder...Image Search still broken, so no improvement sadly.

Licence Invalid: Resolved, although you might want to make a note that MM had pre filled my Username so I hadnt overwritten it. After deleting the prefilled name which looked correct and then pasting my Licence Username and and Licence Key directly from copy of 2008 email purchase my Gold status was accepted.

Image search still broken but many thanks for helping fix licence issue.
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

rusty wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:05 am - Purchasers of an y.x license receive a minimum of 1 year of updates of the Gold version. So if you've purchased a 5.x license anytime after 1/1/2023 you'll receive a free upgrade to MM 2024. And if you purchased a 5.x license prior to that date, you'll receive a coupon entitling you to a discounted purchase on MM 2024. Until now, such coupons have always been at a 40% discount.
For me it's still unclear how I can install a MM 2024 beta in case of owning only an "old 5.x" license before 1/1/2023. My plan would be to buy the lifetime license with the annonced 40 % discount now. Where can I get it? I do not find anything on the MM website. I can only buy full lifetime without discount there...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=106053

Discount coupons need to be requested from Sales Support if you haven't received one.
Toemmel

Post by Toemmel »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 pm Discount coupons need to be requested from Sales Support if you haven't received one.
Great! It worked. And I got very fast response. :D