Missing Artwork For Single Release

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Rob_S

Re: Missing Artwork For Single Release

Post by Rob_S »

I was just checking my own situation using latest beta 3003, and I find in a file listing with album art showing (list by album view), there are many tracks which do not have any artwork displayed.

The preview window set to selected also does not display any artwork. No lookup is being performed, as I have all metadata lookup turned off. I do not understand statement by lowlander -
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:26 am
Lookup will also happen when displaying Artwork in the Filelisting, this can't be disabled.
If this were true surely it is a bug? Who would want lookup you cannot turn off????

When I look at the properties of these above same tracks, there is embedded album art in the properties window. When I run autotag on one of these tracks, it does look up artwork, and finds the in some cases the same artwork I already have embedded. There is no indication it is about to replace what I already have.

View refresh (F5) does not cause this artwork to display.

Earlier versions tended to show incorrect album art based on any recent tagging which I had done. Not seeing that right now, but not tested enough to confirm it is fixed.

I have always found the artwork display in the track listing to be fickle at best, due to the fact it caches thumbnails and does not actually read the tracks each time (probably necessary for speed)

So I fear there are many issues that may not be readily fixable.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks