Random Tracks Missing?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

bj7575

Random Tracks Missing?

Post by bj7575 »

Hi all,
from time to time I am finding that some songs are greyed out. I havent changed anything as all my tracks are in one folder. I have found an instance where I see an arrow that looks like its next to another image that looks like a box with lines? I have added a screenshot here:
https://i.postimg.cc/c4yRyK4V/Untitled.jpg

Can anyone give me an insite to why I may be getting lost links when I am not changing anything to the database? I only use the one folder within that is each artist with the albums in the artist folders. It is annoying because I use MM5 to DJ and having random songs not play I just dont know when or where its going to happen. I really dont want to have to remove everything from MM5 clear it and start again.
Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Brenden
Peke

Re: Random Tracks Missing?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Based on Image that track ADORE by AMY SHARK is not accessible by MM (looks like track is on cloud and not local), can you check file properties of the track and make new screenshot?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bj7575

Post by bj7575 »

Hi Peke,

All my songs are on hard drives on my PC and I do not use any cloud storage I don't have any accounts with any cloud storage. But I just checked the Amy track song and its playing fine. I have not changed any settings or done anything other than just search for that song. Here is the screen shot with the properties of that track and it showing in the data base.
I am really confused to why its happening?
https://i.postimg.cc/1zVJRZ4g/Errornomore.jpg

Thanks

Brenden
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Per your image, that particular track was located on a drive\path called "I:\9 way\...."

Are all your tracks on that same drive, or some are on other drives?

Is is possible that specific drive was not accessible at the time of the first screenshot?

If you were to include the path field in the first screenshot when some files are greyed out, that might help.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Beside Robs observation, I noticed another thing that in your recent Screenshot File properties shows it is an WAV file.

Personally I would suggest that you convert all WAV Files to FLAC files (it is Lossless conversion) as FLAC are more modern, better supported (both hardware and metadata) and 1/2 of WAV files. I mean unless you have very specific need for uncompressed RIFF/PCM WAV file (I find that very rare these days, unless you are in production and need WAV files, in which case usually an app update fixes and add support for FLAC).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bj7575

Post by bj7575 »

Thanks for your posts. I was using Wav as I thought it was the best. It hadn't posed any problems using wav untill just recently. The track that I originally had issues with is no longer greyed out. I was just having the same issue with another track, and again no idea why it is happening. Yet I closed down MM5 and restarted it was fine.

To answer your question all my songs are on one hard drive. If I use MM5 to convert WAV to Flac is that safe im not going to loose quality?
The path I was just having issues with was this below:

I:\9 Wav\Adam Eckersley Band\The First Album\11 Adam Eckersley Band - To the Grave.wav

But then it fixed itself.

It's really annoying as I do use MM5 to DJ .

Thanks Brenden
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Going from WAV to FLAC does not loose quality. However this is not a fix for this specific problem. The question remains why this happens on your setup. Are the files on an internal drive? Also, which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
GoneCamping1975

Post by GoneCamping1975 »

Hi all of my tracks are on the one internal hard drive. I am using MM5 version 5.0.4.2693 I'm using windows 10. Intel i5-6500 3.20Ghz 16.0 GB Ram.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can either try the latest beta to see if it remedies the problem or capture the issue in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

GoneCamping1975 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:56 pm Hi all of my tracks are on the one internal hard drive. I am using MM5 version 5.0.4.2693 I'm using windows 10. Intel i5-6500 3.20Ghz 16.0 GB Ram.
Are you sure that your 'one internal hard drive' has an address like "I:\9 way\...."

That sounds unlikely.

None of the images that you posted are visible anymore, but it seems from other posts here, that one or all of the missing tracks are on the "i" drive. ... Typically that would be a USB drive plugged into your PC. .... If so maybe it was offline when the tracks appeared to be greyed out? Maybe it, or your cable or its plug or your USB socket, has an intermittent failure?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
bj7575

Post by bj7575 »

Hi To all,

I have run the debug test and sent that as ticket. I have replaced all stata cables but it is still giving errors. I had been using media monkey since MM4 with sucess and my libary has close to 40'000 tracks so I need a larger hard drive. My SSD runs my program and the internal hard drive holds all the music. I am running a dignostic on my hard drive to check it's health and im constiantly checking for bugs etc on my computer.
bj7575

Post by bj7575 »

Update: I changed the sata cables. Although I was still experiencing problems. It reallyy has been annoying as whatever has been causing the problem comes and goes. I did create a support ticket but It ran out, and there were no issues. As soon as the ticket was closed I was experincing problems. So, I cleared the MM5 data base and re-installed the songs. I kept the old data base files when I was having issues and put them back to give the playlists and immediatley I got errors. So again I tried to wipe the data base and re-install and for 2 days I have not being able to get a failure of any tracks.

Thanks

Brenden