Where is "Files to Edit > Duplicate Content view" ??

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Pitney

Where is "Files to Edit > Duplicate Content view" ??

Post by Pitney »

In the menu if you go to:
Tools > Options > Library > Analyze files for duplicates

and then hover your mouse over that setting (for a balloon pop-up) this is what it says:
"This creates a digital signature, for the audio content of each track (tags are ignored), so that each track can be uniquely identified. If any two tracks are duplicates (i.e., they have matching signatures) they will appear in the Files to Edit > Duplicate Content view."

I have searched everywhere in all option settings and all menu settings and cannot for the life of me find this Files to Edit > Duplicate Content view. Does anyone know where it is hidden?
Lowlander

Re: Where is "Files to Edit > Duplicate Content view" ??

Post by Lowlander »

It's in the Media Tree under each Collection. So Music > Files to Edit > Duplicate Content.
Pitney

Post by Pitney »

Thank you for your response, but I still can't find it.

Using your example I click "Music" in the media tree. To its right I see a column "Genre" (with a list of my genres), a column "Artist" (with a list of my artists), and a third column "Album". Below those I see a different set of columns "Title", "Artist", "Album", "Date", "Genre", "Rating", etc. with a listing of my imported music.

But I don't see anything that says "Files to Edit" nor "Duplicate Content" (which is presumably under the Files to Edit). From what you say I'm sure it's right there in front of me but I don't see it?!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's a sub-folder of Music in the same Media Tree, not in the Filelisting or Column Browser.
Pitney

Post by Pitney »

Ahhh, thank you (I knew I was looking in the wrong place :-? )
kookykrazee

Post by kookykrazee »

As an FYI, with MM5, most recent debut version the "signature" calculation takes a while if you have a lot of files, going on almost 2 days with 1554128 files to calculate, am hopeful it is done by the time I get home tonight in 10 hours :)