Data entered in Properties disappears

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Larry Saidman

Post by Larry Saidman »

Hello,

When I go into properties to enter other data---such as song artist, date, comments, etc. then click 'OK'....the data I entered is either not there....or it shows up briefly, then disappears. Sometimes I have to re-enter it several times in order to get it to stay. -
-Larry Saidman.
Lowlander

Re: Data entered in Properties disappears

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using, what File Type(s) is this happening for and where are the files that fail to edit stored?
Larry the Radio Guy

Post by Larry the Radio Guy »

Hi! Quite frequently, after I've downloaded a musical selection from my Youtube to MP3 downloader, and go into 'properties' to add the name of the artist, album, or other data--it adds the information successfully. But then when I go back to the music file, the added information either appears for a moment then disappears----or it doesn't appear at all.

I then have to go back to 'properties' and re-enter the information. Sometimes I have to do that several times before it actually stays.

How can I fix this so that the information I enter stops disappearing?

Thank you,.

Larry Saidman aka Larry the Radio Guy.
MattTown

Re: Data entered in Properties disappears

Post by MattTown »

Larry,
I routinely edit metadata in Mediamonkey and it does a great job of preserving it.
In order for Lowlander to help, you will have to be very specific about which part of which program you are in when this happens. Your existing description does not make clear what part of Mediamonkey you are using when this loss of metadata happens.
Cheers
Matt
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.