MM5 Remote Sync to Android phone

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

brush3054

MM5 Remote Sync to Android phone

Post by brush3054 »

I would like to sync my Android phone to MediaMonkey 5 on my home PC.

I am not sure how to even start.

FWIW, I have used MM for years. I am currently running MM5 Gold.

Can someone point me to the appropriate help doc.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: MM5 Remote Sync to Android phone

Post by Lowlander »

Sync is designed for local networks

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... e-network/
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

brush3054 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:52 pm I would like to sync my Android phone to MediaMonkey 5 on my home PC.
I am not sure how to even start.
FWIW, I have used MM for years. I am currently running MM5 Gold.
Can someone point me to the appropriate help doc.
The link sent by Lowlander seems wildly inappropriate to me, unless he understands your question differently to my reading of it.

This would be a better place to start IMO.

MM sync to a phone is a very useful tool.
At 1st appearance it looks a bit daunting, but it is good once you "get it".
The biggest problem is the absence of a useful Quick Start document, but after 27 questions here you should be flying.

It would help if you were a bit more explicit about what you are trying to achieve.
ie you want to sync so that you can ...?

MM5 sync to|from is a powerful facility. There is a lot that you probably don't need to know. You will get lost if you try and take it all on board in one big indigestible chunk. So a more targeted question would help.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

The simplest way is to copy the tracks over using a file manager, and then scan them into media monkey on your PC

In many cases that might be all you want.

You can use mm on your PC to sync over USB to the android, but to sync over wifi, you need to install media monkey for android ( MMA) on the phone first, and start the sync from the phone.

This allows you to sync features such as playlists and statistics.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Rob_S wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:48 am The simplest way is to copy the tracks over using a file manager, and then scan them into media monkey on your PC
In many cases that might be all you want.
Are you assuming that the OP's tracks are on the portable device, but are not on the PC or in the MM database yet?
I know that a literal reading of the words in the post suggest this, but my guess is that the balance of probabilities are that the desired sync is initially from the PC to the device. I can read the question both ways.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.