Different Now Playing Details For Classical?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

Different Now Playing Details For Classical?

Post by Dryst »

For my lower right panel I configured Now Playing to show specific details for the track currently being played. I configured it just like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jw180ejd ... ta0ez&dl=0

I turn off album art to make sure that I can read it:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2mgpjsny ... lhupl&dl=0

The issue I am now seeing is that I do have some classical music as well. Classical is music, but all classical tracks are not showing the detail I configured.

It looks like changes were made to create a Classical Music group:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/wd1y79rd ... wy1jc&dl=0

I do not need this. Can I turn this off? Is there an option to enable this? If the answer is no, can I copy all of my configured details for Music to appear for Classical Music? Classical Music is Music, after all.

This is one of the reason I hate installing BETAs. People come up with super ideas that they want, but I do not want or need. The coders implement without considering ways of enabling or disabling these ideas others come up with.
Dryst

Re: Different Now Playing Details For Classical?

Post by Dryst »

Okay I figured this out and resolved.

First, I deleted the Classical Music type from Library | Collections & Views.

Next I sorted by genre to show a list of all Classical. I selected all tracks to change the type from "Classical Music" to "Music".

Problem solved.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is set per Type in MediaMonkey. You either need to set it up for Classical Music the same way (a 1 time thing) or change all files to Type = Music (which you need to do each time you add classical music to your Library).
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Dryst wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:03 pm Okay I figured this out and resolved.
First, I deleted the Classical Music type from Library | Collections & Views.
Next I sorted by genre to show a list of all Classical. I selected all tracks to change the type from "Classical Music" to "Music".
The EntireLibrary node in the Media Tree shows both "Classical Music" and "Music"
The problem is that it also shows Video & Audiobooks etc ... but if you don't have those, then EntireLibrary addresses what you were asking.

Otherwise you could have addressed it by changing the definition of the Music node.
You managed to delete the Classical Music node, so I am guessing that you have the Gold version of MM5. This means that you can reconfigure the Media Tree.
Here is the definition of the Music node.
If you clicked on "Music" there ("type = Music"), you would have got a dropdown list where you could add Classical Music.
You would need to also change "Match ALL" to "Match ANY"

This "fix" would be better than the one that you used, because, as Lowlander pointed out, any new Classical Music that you rip will remain invisible in the Music node as currently defined.
Dryst wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:43 am I do not need this. Can I turn this off? Is there an option to enable this? If the answer is no, can I copy all of my configured details for Music to appear for Classical Music? Classical Music is Music, after all.

This is one of the reason I hate installing BETAs. People come up with super ideas that they want, but I do not want or need. The coders implement without considering ways of enabling or disabling these ideas others come up with.
To be clear this Music vs Classical Music thing is not part of the beta. It was like that since forever; as far back as MM4, and probably MM3 also.

I not fully onboard with this distinction either, but you can see what they were aiming to deliver if you look at the Player>PlaybackRules tab at the Tools>Options menu.
The distinction between music and classical music, allows them to do things like selectively turning off trimming of leading silences, and Fade In|Out, and shuffle for Classical Music fans. It also allows them to selectively display the composer name in the Player for Classical Music tracks.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Okay. I just happened to notice it when a Yo Yo Ma track was playing and all of my detail was 100% missing.

I don't even know if Yo Yo Ma is still releasing music, so my fix will solve the issue.

I don't need Classical Music category. This was why I deleted it. Too bad it is hard coded to move Classical genre to Classical Music.