Connect MM5 edits to file tags

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

ifishnc

Connect MM5 edits to file tags

Post by ifishnc »

In the past I was able to edit information in MM and the changes would automatically make the same edit in my MP3 file tag.
Now this isn't working.
An example might help.
In MM I have a list of songs like 01Fleetwood Mac Rhianna Rumours 3:54 Rock Group etc.

In my files I have the reference MP3 file is the corresponding tag. When I went into MM and removed the "01" the change would automatically be reflected in the file. NOW this no longer happens. Have I changed a setting in error? Is there any way to get back to the old way?
This saves me tons of time since editing tags in Windows 10 file explorer is a real hassle. It' much easier in MM.
Thanks for any help.
Peke

Re: Connect MM5 edits to file tags

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Editing in Windows File explorer was in the past proven unreliable and in some cases MM even stopped updating tags to avoid audio data corruption.

Option you seek is at Tools -> Options -> Library -> Tags and Playlists where you can enable update on tag edit.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

At times I have been able to edit tags in Windows Explorer or MM5 and no matter which way, the changes were reflected?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you edit files in MediaMonkey it will save the changes to the files by default. This may have been disabled.

If you're editing files in File Explorer you need to rescan to see these changes in MediaMonkey. This can be done automatically if you setup Folder Monitoring.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:38 pm If you edit files in MediaMonkey it will save the changes to the files by default. This may have been disabled.

If you're editing files in File Explorer you need to rescan to see these changes in MediaMonkey. This can be done automatically if you setup Folder Monitoring.
Yes. I was aware of this. Maybe others were not? This jogged my memory. https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=105853 where all my <Title> fields in an album had two numeric track numbers, followed by a space, and finally the Title itself. This consistency should have allowed for some kind of "Trim" function to remove them all at once?