Analyze Volume Album Issues [#20675]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

Analyze Volume Album Issues [#20675]

Post by Dryst »

I am seeing there were changes to this feature. There's an issue with it that looks totally incorrect for my use case. For many artists I store content that exists as singles in a singles directory. For all singles the album tag is always empty. A single is not associated with an album. Album is always empty with no text for singles.

It looks like MMW5 is ignoring the fact that the album tag is empty and combining all blank albums as an album. It is performing volume analysis at an album level for music that has a blank album. This can't be correct, and I will have to turn this off if this is not corrected.
Rob_S

Re: Analyze Volume Album Issues

Post by Rob_S »

Could it be you have set the option under "Player, volume leveling, Level Playback/sync volume to "Per Album" instead of "Per Track"??

If indeed you have it set per album, and you want the "real" albums to be analyzed as such, I must agree that it should follow the same album definition as the rest of MM5, ie Album Name and Album Artist must both match to be considered an album.

Thus, if you have a number of tracks with both album name and album artist set to blank, it might just consider all those to be one album.

In that case, I would agree it should only be an album if the album name is something other than blank!!
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Yes -- I have the album volume analysis turned on. This is the option that I will turn off to prevent this. I just noticed this issue today when I bought one new single to add to my collection. After adding it, I performed volume analysis to see that MMW5 was analyzing 45 tracks for one new addition.

I will turn this option off for now.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for reporting, tracking as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20675