Media Monkey 5 All tracks

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

vxl65703

Media Monkey 5 All tracks

Post by vxl65703 »

Have they fixed the issue with Media Monkey 5 and "All Tracks" being displayed... When I go to View > Main panel view > Display folder content recursively nothing is happening, it still displays the albums vs. displaying the actual tracks. If I click on Entire library that will display all tracks, but if I click on the specific NAS share I do not get the option to display all tracks.
Barry4679

Re: Media Monkey 5 All tracks

Post by Barry4679 »

vxl65703 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:30 am Have they fixed the issue with Media Monkey 5 and "All Tracks" being displayed... When I go to View > Main panel view > Display folder content recursively nothing is happening, it still displays the albums vs. displaying the actual tracks. If I click on Entire library that will display all tracks, but if I click on the specific NAS share I do not get the option to display all tracks.
MM5 doesn't have a problem displaying All Tracks, other than the fact that the User Interface is (overly?) complicated, and effective Getting Started documentation is absent.

If you not seeing the tracks where you describe, go to View > Main panel view > List. ... ie. something other than one of the Grid views.

BTW that setting is additive to the recursive setting that you mentioned ... ie. it is not an either|or thing.

Also the only place were the "recursive" setting is relevant is when you have navigated either the Folders Node, or the Location subnode. When you are viewing the NAS share is an example of this. ... Any way the point I was going to make is the the recursive on|off toggle is available via the F11 key .. ie. you don't have to get there the long way via the View > Main panel view > ... menus

Also if you have a large music collection, and you are at the top of your Music Share, the recursive setting is going to be very laggy, while it scans around getting info to show you .... This lag could be what makes you think that it is not working. ... Is best to toggle to recursive only once you are down into something more targeted, like into a single AlbumArtist.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.