Play now puts entire album in now playing

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

khoogeland

Play now puts entire album in now playing

Post by khoogeland »

I used to be able to play just one song. But since the last update, when I press play one (or double click, or use whatever method) it puts the whole album or whatever is in view in play now. Why? My settings are to "clear list and play selected". If I select two tracks it still works, so why not with one track? So what to do? I find this annoying enough to downgrade or switch player. Any suggestions?
rovingcowboy

Re: Play now puts entire album in now playing

Post by rovingcowboy »

A dumb question but i got to ask it, are you slecting the one song before you rightclick on it then click play, or are you just right clicking on it to get the context menu making the one click do 2 things,?
I'm thinking that might be making monkey select the whole album, where as you selecting the single song first before you right click on it should only play the one song.
If it works the way i said then thats one step closer to figuring out whats going on with it,.

Next you do a debug report with the debug viewer program and do both ways of starting the songs picking different songs each time, so the debug report can pick up whats going on and then you save that report zip it up and send it to the email address in the support section at the top of this forum.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

There are two settings for "Clear list and play selected". There's:

Clear list and play selected + subsequent
Clear list and play selected only

Are you sure you chose the latter choice?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Also note this has to be set for each Type independently, so make sure you made the changes to the correct Type(s).
Moodie-1

Post by Moodie-1 »

This is happening to me, too. To fix this, make sure that you've selected 'Clear list and play selected only'. Selecting 'Play selected files only' won't do it.
def94403

Post by def94403 »

I had the same problem. The upgrade change the setting to clear list and play selected. I changed it to play selected files only and that resolved it. Looks like the default had been changed from what we were used to.