When configuring a new autoplaylist, MM bails repeatedly

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

When configuring a new autoplaylist, MM bails repeatedly

Post by terryo »

In the current version: MM 5.0.4.2693

There's a persistent bug in setting up new autoplaylists. It happens pretty regularly but not at the same point in the process.

For example, when a parameter is entered on a criteria line, MM bails out to the collection display.
If I try to re-enter edit, it simply shows the collection again, as though I seek to edit a regular playlist.
The second time I re-enter the autoplaylist edit, it will reopen.

This is the behavior every time MM bails from an autoplaylist edit.

I have the debug version of 2693 installed. Using debugview 64, no activity is recorded while working on autoplaylists. I will send a screen of the debug in the next post.

Barry4679 (under the topic, "Debugview preoblomatic and hidden on your website") suggested the problem is that I need debugview 32. I couldn't find it.

Barry4679's comment also leads me to wonder if the 32 bit nature of MM5 is why I did not see appreciably performance increases after building a new high-end computer with a 4TB nVME instead of a whirring 4TB WD Black. "Convert format" and "Level track volume" are still as slow as before. With the horsepower I now have under the hood, I was expecting noticeable improvement.
terryo

Re: When configuring a new autoplaylist, MM bails repeatedly

Post by terryo »

Here's the complete debug file, in image form, while doing multiple edits on autoplaylist configurations:

https://i.postimg.cc/4dgCwHxv/24-0201-M ... st-bug.jpg
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please try the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta as it contains fixes related to AutoPlaylist editing. Let us know if the issue persists when you try MediaMonkey 5.1.
terryo

Post by terryo »

I'm always reluctant to try beta versions. A well structured library of 285,000+ songs is a tremendous investment in time. I'd hate to use a beta that accidentally changes my music files, even for relatively small errors that then propagate into my RAID backup unnoticed. And with that many songs, multiple backups represent too much disk space.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Install Portable, MAKE SURE that UPDATE ON TAG is NOT ENABLED, along change Timestamps no lookup updates and you should be safe unless you do Auto-Organize and move files around. Testing library features are safe.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
terryo

Post by terryo »

If I can figure those tips out, I'll give it a try.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Let us know if you need more help.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts