Deep Purple - Machine Head

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

amethystzephyr

Deep Purple - Machine Head

Post by amethystzephyr »

Howdy,
I have an official release of Machine Head by Deep Purple. It contains two discs: one labeled The Remasters, and the other labeled Roger Glover Remixes. The content on the two discs is clearly different. No matter what I try to do, after ripping both discs numerous times, Media Monkey reduces the two discs to one label containing 10 songs. I am choosing NOT to replace the files. I would like each CD to rip discreetly to separate folders, so that I may listen to, and access the content, as it is on the original discs. What am I doing wrong, and what can I do to address this issue?
Thanks in advance,

amethystzephyr
Lowlander

Re: Deep Purple - Machine Head

Post by Lowlander »

This would generally be expected, with Disc# being used to identify the different discs on the same Album. If you want to see the different discs as separate Folders on your PC you can use <Disc#> in the Rip Mask.

If you want to see different discs of the same Album as separate Albums in MediaMonkey you'll need to add disc info the Album tag. (ie. Album - Disc 1).
amethystzephyr

Re: Deep Purple - Machine Head

Post by amethystzephyr »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:57 pm This would generally be expected, with Disc# being used to identify the different discs on the same Album. If you want to see the different discs as separate Folders on your PC you can use <Disc#> in the Rip Mask.

If you want to see different discs of the same Album as separate Albums in MediaMonkey you'll need to add disc info the Album tag. (ie. Album - Disc 1).
Lowlander,
I'm a noob without a clue. I just typed '- Disc 1', and '-Disc 2' after Album, and it worked! Thank you!