Album art disappears from preview

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Alkjeks

Album art disappears from preview

Post by Alkjeks »

I have an issue with album art disappearing on new files I add to the library.

It happens when I copy-paste a file (with album art in the ID3 tag) into my music folder. Then I scan for new files, and the file is added with the album art as expected. But the next time I restart MM the album art is gone from the "Preview" panel and also from the "Playing" node. The image still exists within the file, because I can see it with "Right click > Properties > Artwork" and I can also see it in other programs like VLC and Mp3tag. I guess it only have problems reading or showing the image from the tag in MM.

Can also reproduce in the latest Beta build (5.1.0.2832).
Peke

Re: Album art disappears from preview

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Right click on file -> Find More from same -> Album: .... and does MM show correct Album art?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Alkjeks

Post by Alkjeks »

At first, no. Then it seemingly downloads an image and set it as the album art. Just a temporary image I guess, because there's a save button in the upper left corner of the image.

In my test it downloaded the wrong cover, but when I now click on the new image, it shows the old, correct image in the popup window. (It was not possible to get the popup before, because there were no image to click)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
So you saved correct Image then? And After sync it should show correct image.

If Yes my guess taht some files were missing Album art or had wrong one.
Best regards,
Peke
Alkjeks

Post by Alkjeks »

Only the wrong image had the save button, if that wasn't clear. The correct image is already in the tag, just not shown in MM. Anyway, when I save the wrong image, the file has now two images. I delete the wrong one, and now only the correct one is left. That fixed it, now it shows the correct one also after restart of MM. So that is a workaround.

Another workaround is to "Save image as" in "Right click > Properties > Artwork". Then import the saved image and delete the first one.

An interesting thing is that when I have used the workaround the file is now fixed and will not lose the artwork if I copy the file and import it again with a new filename. I also cannot reproduce on old files in MM library.

I struggle to see the difference between a file before and after it has been fixed by the workaround. Could be some small details like codepage in the cover description, or something, must be something in the tag.

Would be interesting to test with the same mp3 file. Here is a free (and legal) mp3 file https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR04562 which I could reproduce with. Can you reproduce with that one? If not, I can try to make a video or screenshots.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can easily replicate with that track and MM is working OK and as it should because Track # = 4562 so any track from same Album with lower Track # and No Album Art will trigger Search which will most likely result in bad image due the fact Album and Album Artist is too generic and will result in many wrong images.

For me that track falls under podcast "OverClocked ReMix" and not under music, but that is just me.

See
Best regards,
Peke