Syncing Played/Unplayed Status from USB Drive

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

ForksForYou

Syncing Played/Unplayed Status from USB Drive

Post by ForksForYou »

Hi there, thanks in advance. I'm using MediaMonkey 5.0.4.2693 and recently began synchronizing my music and podcasts to USB drives to use in my car (an older Chevy Volt). I'm wondering what, if any, information is relayed back to my desktop when a USB drive is inserted into the computer and synced. For my USB stick with podcasts, the ideal scenario is that any content played while driving gets counted on the desktop and removed from the drive during the synchronization, per the rules of my podcast library. Is this a reasonable expectation?

For my USB with music, it would be great if the "played #" updates based on what is accessed/listened to in my car. Again, not sure if this kind of communication is feasible. Any input would be appreciated and apologies if this was already answered elsewhere in the forum--if it was, I missed it.
Lowlander

Re: Syncing Played/Unplayed Status from USB Drive

Post by Lowlander »

Played# is not stored in file tags, only in the MediaMonkey database. Thus it can be used to create AutoPlaylists based on it when files are played in MediaMonkey, which can be Synced.

MediaMonkey can Sync Played# back from Apple devices and Android devices with MediaMonkey for Android. However there is no other method available as Played# is tracked in the database of the players (and most don't do this), not the file tags.

So the only option in the car would be using an Android phone or iPhone via Bluetooth, headphone out, or Android Auto or Apple Car Play to get Played# Synced back to MediaMonkey, and then remove files via AutoPlaylists from the Sync.