Problems finding location of NAS share

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Theorize5643

Problems finding location of NAS share

Post by Theorize5643 »

Hello,

Recently, I have installed MediaMonkey (version 5.0.4.2693 in portable mode) to replace iTunes. I exported the iTunes library and imported it into MediaMonkey. The files are located on my NAS on a share called 'Back-up alle data'. It took a while, but all files seem to be present in MediaMonkey. I added the iTunes library by File → Add/Rescan files to the library → in a next step add the exported XML file.

However, I cannot play the files because something appears to be wrong with the links.

For example, according to MediaMonkey the song Glory Days is located at [Backup alle data]\iTunes\Music\Bruce Springsteen\Greatest Hits\11 Glory Days.mp3. The problem is that this location cannot be accessed.

I have mapped this share to my windows. So this particular file is here: Y:\iTunes\Music\Bruce Springsteen\Greatest Hits\11 Glory Days.mp3. When I open this file in Windows, I can play it without any difficulty.

When I try to go to [Backup alle data] in File Explorer, I also get an error, so I might need to change some windows setting. I use Windows 10 Home, Version 22H2, OS build 19045.3930.

In other words, the way it seems to me that somehow I need to change '[Back-up alle Data]' to 'Y:'. But how do I do this for all songs? And out of curiosity: how did MediaMonkey read all files and used the tags to build up the database, but now cannot play the files?

Is this an issue because I installed MediaMonkey in portable mode? Did I have to import the iTunes library differently?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Lowlander

Re: Problems finding location of NAS share

Post by Lowlander »

You'll need to use re-assign drive to fix the lack of drive letter.
Theorize5643

Re: Problems finding location of NAS share

Post by Theorize5643 »

Thanks lowlander, this solved the problem!