Incorrect album art displayed on Android phone after sync from MM for Windows

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Phil_B

Incorrect album art displayed on Android phone after sync from MM for Windows

Post by Phil_B »

I have a master copy of all my audio files on an HDD. I used to transfer them directly to my Android phone as a file transfer and let MM put them into its library. That gave me various problems with tag text changing so I was advised on this forum to sync with MM for Windows. I downloaded the app onto Windows 10 and syncronised it with my phone via USB.

The Windows app shows the correct album art in its library. When I view the albums on my phone, most of them have been changed to the same album art as one specific album that came across in the sync, so entirely the wrong art is being shown for most albums. Syncing has fixed the problems I had with tag text but it has created this new problem.

I then tried it with a Bluetooth transfer. What I got was a jumble of different album covers against various albums on my phone. There was no rhyme or reason to which album had which cover. The art is fine on the computer but on the phone it's a complete mess.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on fixing it?
Lowlander

Re: Incorrect album art displayed on Android phone after sync from MM for Windows

Post by Lowlander »

Sync copies 1 Artwork per Album.
Phil_B

Re: Incorrect album art displayed on Android phone after sync from MM for Windows

Post by Phil_B »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am Sync copies 1 Artwork per Album.
I wouldn't expect it to do anything else.

The problem I have is album A has the artwork for album B. Two different albums have the same artwork despite being saved with different artwork and the Windows version showing different artwork for each.

This is happening across hundreds of albums. Many albums are showing the artwork of different albums.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you check your Sync Masks? Based on your description it is possible that Google Media Scanner overrides what MM5 sent to MMA as Album art and read one in folder in case files from both Albums resides in same folder.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

To add to the above and provide a bit more clarity:

If you're using MMW to sync the tracks then the limitations are:
a) As Lowlander indicated: MMA supports 1 image per album
b) for Album Art synchronization to work correctly, the Album Artist field must also be populated

If you've manually copied tracks in addition to using MMW to sync to MMA then:
c) As Peke explained the Android Media Scanner will import (often incorrect) artwork especially in cases where tracks from multiple albums are stored to a single directory.

-Rusty