Lost connection and then changed service providers, streaming from PC to TV

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

rad1964

Lost connection and then changed service providers, streaming from PC to TV

Post by rad1964 »

Hello,
I have a Samsung model # UN65RU7100FXZA tv which worked perfectly in 2021, then one day didn't show up as an icon on the TV, then a year later I upgraded my internet provider from comcast to AT&T fiber.

I noticed today when trying to figure out streaming music from my PC to the TV system again that my menu on the TV currently has a media monkey Icon and a PC icon, however when I click into either of these it says empty.
The one thing I had touched and unfortunately don't remember the settings I overwrote, in the server settings I changed from a static IP (192.168.1.65) to Automatic and changed the port from 5??? to 4000.

My PC (windows 10) has a MediaMonkey Library under Network Locations and when going to This PC link:

When I right click and choose properties, it shows:
Unique Identifier: uuid:61c5841a-1185-4178-97b4-aff9fa61bd10
Mac Address: 70:85:c2:98:3a:91
And IP Address: 127.0.0.1

When I click into it it has 2 folders 1. Music, 2. Playlists
Clicking into the Music folder, it brings me to my music drive and all my music, same with the playlists

My MM settings can be seen in this screenshot: Image

I was going to right click on the MediaMonkey Library under Network Locations and remove device and try and start all over.
But with all my failed attempts to get it streaming in 2022, I wanted to come to the forum to see if I am missing an easy fix or maybe someone sees something I do not see!

I did look at my new router and discovered the assigned devices (since it has to know my tv for streaming and pc's connection, I found the TV's mac address & it's IPv4 Address / Name along with the PC's IPv4 Address / Name, if this helps out my situation in any way.

Thanks,
rad1964
Lowlander

Re: Lost connection and then changed service providers, streaming from PC to TV

Post by Lowlander »

Is the TV allowed under Clients in MMW?
rad1964

Post by rad1964 »

I don't think it is, but didn't see a way to add a client.

how would I do it?

rad1964
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It should automatically be added. If it isn't, you may need to allow MediaMonkey in the Firewall.
rad1964

Post by rad1964 »

Lowlander,
Your a genius! And just like that everything works and all is well in the world :D
That was exactly what was wrong, needed to be let through the firewall.
I pinged Chat GPT Ai and said How do I let mediamonkey in my firewall? And 'bam', clear instructions.

Thank you again!
rad1964