Migration hiccup

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

Migration hiccup

Post by terryo »

I moved MM5.0.4.2693 to a new PC. The application moved fine with a clone utility on the system drive. But MM5 does not see the music files which are located in the drive/folder tree of F:\LIBRARY, which I have always used.

The music files were copied from a slow 4TB WD HD to a new 4TB nVME SSD located on the new Aorus 790 motherboard.

How do I connect MM5 to these files? "Locate moved/missing files" will take forever even though the files are on an speedy nVME. Cloning the drive may be an option but will also eat a lot of time. Just the simple copying operation I did to move the 300,000 songs took 8 hours.

The "Path" for all the music in MM5 shows up as [MUSIC]\Library\<music folder tree> I believe it used to read F:\Library
Both drives are named MUSIC within Windows 10.

Is there an easier and faster solution?
Lowlander

Re: Migration hiccup

Post by Lowlander »

terryo

Post by terryo »

Great. "Right click on the drive in the Collection > Location"

Written by someone who knows MM inside out.

I have no clue where to start following those instructions.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can follow the links each of those items are. That will explain that Collections are items like Music in the Media Tree and that Location is a sub-node of it.
terryo

Post by terryo »

Things like this are why I could never convince more than one or two DJs at WORT to use MediaMonkey despite its incredible usefulness when you are on the air or assembling a radio show. It's just too nerdy for most people.

When Covid hit, the station physically closed and we all had to submit prerecorded shows. I made many tutorials for Adobe Audition loaded with screen shots and got over a dozen DJs up to speed fast.

Your help files would be waaaay better if you bothered to insert some screen shots.