My MMW5 display customisation settings have reset to default

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

RickMM

My MMW5 display customisation settings have reset to default

Post by RickMM »

I have losted all my customisation I have made to MMW5. For example:

a) I had the skin set to Metro classic but its now defaulted back to the new look
b) I added in more columns in the view but they have all gone.
c) I had 5 tabs concurrently open. Their all gone.

I have regular backups so I was hoping to restore my customised settings.

Where is this stuff saved? in the INI file? or in the database? or somewhere else?

Why does this happen?
Lowlander

Re: My MMW5 display customisation settings have reset to default

Post by Lowlander »

To prevent see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... -are-lost/

Most of these settings will be in the persistent.json and mediamonkey.ini files, some are in the mm5.db file, but more importantly that contains your MediaMonkey Library.
RickMM

Re: My MMW5 display customisation settings have reset to default

Post by RickMM »

I don't use any system cleaner apps (such as TuneUp, CCleaner, Advanced System Care, or Webroot).

I checked the registry and the "local Appdata" is pointing to C:\Users\my username\AppData\Local. The advice in the link with regards to folder names appears to be out of date and refers to an old version of Windows. The "AppData" value is set to C:\Users\my username\AppData\Roaming which is were the Mediamonkey folder containing the DB and ini files are located.

So to restore to a prior point I need backups of not just the DB but the INI and json files (I didn't realised that). Why couldn't the MMW inbuilt backup feature do that as well?

I have daily backups of the DB per day but I only have the latest backups for the INI and json files, I will need to modify my backup routine.