Auto-Organize with Album Artist ignored if empty?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

sovamind

Auto-Organize with Album Artist ignored if empty?

Post by sovamind »

I'd like to setup auto-organize to put albums into <album artist>\<album>\ for albums that are all the same artist, but only do <album>\ for compilations or other albums that have a collection of artists on them. I can't seem to figure out if there is a way to do a programmatic way to do this... Right now I just have to select all the files with a search, then do a manual auto-organize and pick the saved option without the album artist tag for them.

Otherwise, I end up with a bunch of weird folders like:
default\album (when I left album artist blank)
various artists\album
va\album
multiple artists\album
etc
Lowlander

Re: Auto-Organize with Album Artist ignored if empty?

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ormats/5.0

To not include an empty field you can use $If(<Album Artist>,<Album Artist>\)

However that doesn't seem to be the case, you seem to have a value. So perhaps $If(<Album Artist>=<Artist>,<Album Artist>\) does the trick for you.
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

I'm reasonably familar with the file mask syntax, but I had no idea that they were basically intepreted as a string text, such that you could include the folder character "\" as an option in an <if,,> field. Cute!
Cheers
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Peke

Post by Peke »

MattTown wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:15 pm I'm reasonably familar with the file mask syntax, but I had no idea that they were basically intepreted as a string text, such that you could include the folder character "\" as an option in an <if,,> field. Cute!
Cheers
From Lowlander link above (sometimes even I forget)

Code: Select all

Note: Make sure to precede all control characters such as ')' or ',' with '$' if you wish them to appear as normal characters. For example:--- \My Music\$if(<artist>,<artist> (<year>$),Unknown)\<track>
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts