All album/song covers disappeared after last Wi-fi sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Ticktack

All album/song covers disappeared after last Wi-fi sync

Post by Ticktack »

Hello,

After the last Wi-fi sync of MediaMonkey for Windows (MediaMonkey v5.0.4.2693) and MediaMonkey for Android (MediaMonkey v2.0.0.1152), all album/song covers disappeared within MMA on my smartphone (Gigaset GS4, Android 11).

This is what it looks like:

Before this sync, all covers were there in MMA. The covers are still there in MMW. I have another smartphone with Android 13 on which I could try whether the same happens there but I haven't done this yet because I would rather not want to lose all cover art there too. As a note, the cover art is always embedded into the audio files here. In MMA, "Lookup missing album art" is switched off. I never needed this so far because all cover art was already there in the audio files in MMW.

Any idea how to get my covers back in MMA or why they got lost during sync?

Update:
Just synced again and now a few cover art images are visible here and there. But really just a few. I can't see a scheme why some are synced but the majority is not. The sync process itself was always finished without any error messages.

I also wanted to try to reset the Android media scan database according to the instructions on this page here (https://www.doubletwist.com/help/questi ... -database/) but there is no "Media Storage" app being shown in my smartphone app list ("Show system apps" is enabled).

In addition, access to the folder "SD Card/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/artwork" is prevented, so deleting the artwork of MMA manually before a rescan manually did not work either.

Another thing I found out: Interestingly, all cover art pictures are shown for the same audio files in a different Android media player that I have installed on my smartphone. So, it seems to be a problem within MMA.
Ticktack

Re: All album/song covers disappeared after last Wi-fi sync

Post by Ticktack »

Problem solved: "Sync all Artwork files to folders" was enabled in the sync profile on my desktop PC, while in the other one on my laptop "Copy Artwork to file tags" enabled. This caused the covers to disappear when syncing with the sync profile where the first option was enabled.