One step play from media server playlist? [#20286]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MightyPG

One step play from media server playlist? [#20286]

Post by MightyPG »

Hi...

I've been using MMPro for Android for a couple of months now, and I find the UI around the play queue a little clumsy. I am able to replace play queues easily for locally stored playlists, but playing remotely is a little bit clunky. If I pull up my Media Server, and go to Playlists, I can see all of the playlists on my main machine, but rather than being able to click the "Play shuffled" button I get on other playlist views, I have to select the first song, then use the "select all" icon, then go into the ... menu and add them to the playlist, then go to the playlist and start playing, and it will naturally want to start with the first track. Would it be possible to get a one-button "play shuffled" feature like for local playlists?
Peke

Re: One step play from media server playlist?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Long tap options on playlists are on our to do as this involves workarounds for DLNA standard.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MightyPG

Post by MightyPG »

Okay! Hope to see it in a future update :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is filed under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20286

To explain on DLNA When MMA query playlists it gets only names not stats on its content (eg. like Track count and track listing). To get that MMA needs to request playlist content and requesting multiple contents too quickly on some servers makes MMA get blacklisted/blocked. Above To-Do should address that and make it possible.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts