Properly Handling Question Mark Symbol When Using Auto-Organize Files Function

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

onyxwave

Properly Handling Question Mark Symbol When Using Auto-Organize Files Function

Post by onyxwave »

I've encountered what appears to be a bug with the Auto-Organize Files function. When I place the following mask criteria in the "Destination" field

Code: Select all

$replace($replace(<Album>,",''),?,-)
it is not properly handling the question mark symbol (?) by replacing it with a dash (-) when I execute the function. However, I know that my mask syntax is correct because when I view the "Sample" section in the "Set Destination Wizard" dialog box, it correctly shows that when there is a question mark symbol (?) present in the Album name, the question mark symbol (?) gets replaced by a dash (-). For example, the mask I wrote is meant to produce the following result "(<Year>) <Album>" for the directory folder, thus with an album named "?" from the year 2018, I should get "(2018) -", as the Sample section shows, yet instead I get "(2018)" after executing the function on the tracks for that album.

I know that you are no longer actively updating MediaMonkey 4, yet I'm hoping that since this appears to be a bug, you'll make an exception for bugs. This bug may also be present in MediaMonkey 5, though I have not checked since I still have not gotten comfortable using the new app to organize my music audio/video media content.

I am currently using and found this issue in MediaMonkey 4 (version 4.1.31.1919). on both a Windows 10 Pro (version 10.0.19045 Build 19045) computer and a Windows 11 Home (version 10.0.22621 Build 22621) computer.

Thank you and happy holidays
(happy MediaMonkey user since 2001 when it was named Songs-DB)
Lowlander

Re: Properly Handling Question Mark Symbol When Using Auto-Organize Files Function

Post by Lowlander »

This works as expected for me on MediaMonkey 5.