MediaMonkey Gold (current version) and MediaMonkey Android connection issues

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

mightypg

MediaMonkey Gold (current version) and MediaMonkey Android connection issues

Post by mightypg »

Hello...

I've been trying to see if MediaMonkey can indeed solve a few home music needs to replace deprecated hardware and software. So far, MM has been doing great as a desktop replacement for WinAmp, but when I saw that you could use MediaMonkey as a server and stream to MediaMonkey for Android, I realized it could also be a potential replacement for my beloved (but aging out) Squeezebox units.

Here's the problem I'm having. I recently upgraded to lifetime gold for MM on my Windows 10 machine, and got MediaMonkeyPro for my android device. After a bit of fiddling, I can use WiFi to sync my stored playlists between the phone and the PC which is great for when I'm out running around. But when I'm home, rather than play from my local playlists, I thought I could just bring up the MM server on the PC, and then stream directly over the local WLAN from there to a BT or similar. I connect, I pull up the playlist and enqueue it, and it starts to play, and will play one or two songs in the queue and then just gives up. I wondered if maybe I was getting some connection notification window on my PC but no such thing. Nothing in settings indicates what might be causing this dropout to occur.
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey Gold (current version) and MediaMonkey Android connection issues

Post by Lowlander »

Is the playback problem in MMA or MMW?
mightypg

Re: MediaMonkey Gold (current version) and MediaMonkey Android connection issues

Post by mightypg »

If I had to say it would be that the problem was MMA but I don't know if there's some server settings or configuration in MMW that might cause the stream to desync or something. I'm not getting any errors, it just stops playing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please send a debug log from MMA right after this happens and reply here with the logID.
mightyPG

Post by mightyPG »

OK, I have LogID #1 which is NN5D4XWWBB -- this one didn't seem to just spontaneously stop playing -- I got an event reminder notification on the phone which caused it to stop producing sound. The phone went to sleep and I was able to hit play again from the lock screen widget and it went back to playing through the speaker.
MightyPG

Post by MightyPG »

OK, and this is log #2 KGVNX863BZ

No notifications, it was playing along, then it just stopped dead. clicking pause/play from the lock screen causes the track to advance, but no sound is coming out.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
First of all, please try to go in MMA to Options/General and tap on "Allow MediaMonkey to run in the background".
MightyPG

Post by MightyPG »

That's the sort of thing I thought would be the culprit, but that didn't do the trick (the audio was cutting out when MM was still very much up in the foreground anyway, and I can play locally stored music without any problems--this is only happening when I try to stream off of the server running on MMW)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is possible that WiFi connection gets into Low power mode :( Try to set MMA as battery non optimized.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MightyPG

Post by MightyPG »

I don't have any sort of low-power settings and this happens no matter where the battery's at... I'm going to see if I can replicate this on my husband's phone and see if the same thing happens. Nothing from the logs, then? :(
Peke

Post by Peke »

MightyPG wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:47 pm I don't have any sort of low-power settings and this happens no matter where the battery's at... I'm going to see if I can replicate this on my husband's phone and see if the same thing happens. Nothing from the logs, then? :(
Logs are inconclusive. And I can't replicate on my devices.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts