CD details not loading from freedb for ripping

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Agro

CD details not loading from freedb for ripping

Post by Agro »

I'm on MM4.1.12.1798 Gold. I'm trying to rerip 1500+ of my CDs to get higher bitrates and clean up some file corruption issues.

When I put a CD in the drive, the disk details aren't being populated. They USED to. I saw something in the forums about freedb being no longer accessible and that I should change to use musicbrainz, but the place it said to do it isn't in my options menu.

After I put a CD in, I tried to "Auto tag from web" and got an error that I need at least version 4.1.28.1905, but I think that if I upgrade, I'll no longer have Gold. And I don't really want to have to do that for all these disks.

I am not going to type in the details for all these disks, can anyone help me get this thing working the way it used to?
Peke

Re: CD details not loading from freedb for ripping

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you have GOLD for 4.1.12.1798 then even latest 4.1.31.1919 will be gold version.

If you want to be 100% safe I would suggest that you backup MM4 Database (and whole folder if you want)

Also you can Copy/Paste your license information from regedit ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MediaMonkey") and then upgrade. All should go smooth, but do this just in case anything goes wrong.

If you have any issues or unsure how to do it please open support ticket, so that we can help you more directly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Agro

Post by Agro »

Ok, thank you for the answer.

That's 1 concern answered, but it's really the secondary one to use a workaround that shouldn't really be necessary. I'll do that because I should be on the current version, but I'm hoping for an answer to getting the track/album details to autopopulate when a disk is inserted. Any thoughts?

edit: I just did "check for updates" and got a message back that 4.1.12.1796 is the current version". Is there some tricky way to update MM4?

2nd edit: looks like I bought the lifetime gold upgrade, so I've installed 5.0.4.2693, so I no longer need help with MM4. Thanks for the answers.
Last edited by Agro on Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Use latest one from viewtopic.php?t=86639&sd=d
Agro wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:46 pm I just did "check for updates" and got a message back that 4.1.12.1796 is the current version". Is there some tricky way to update MM4?
That version was too old and could not check Version info due the outdated WEB certificate we were forced to update meantime.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts