CustomNodes and SQL

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

sonos

CustomNodes and SQL

Post by sonos »

I currently try to figure out how to modify the CustomNodes:

Code: Select all

var customNodesDefinitions = {

tracks: [{
            title: 'Show 5 most played tracks',
            description: 'Currently showing 5 most played tracks',
            sql: 'Songs.PlayCounter > 0 ORDER BY Songs.PlayCounter DESC LIMIT 5'
    }, 
    {
To further specify this query by inserting the e.g. DateAdded element and using the SQL editor from MM5, I was able to successfully extend this query using the SQL editor in MM5.

SELECT
Songs.PlayCounter, strftime('%Y',julianday(DateAdded + 2415018.5),'localtime') as addedyear
FROM
   Songs
WHERE addedyear = '2015' AND Songs.PlayCounter > 0 ORDER BY Songs.PlayCounter DESC LIMIT 5
However if I insert this into the customNodesDefinitions:

var customNodesDefinitions = {

tracks: [{
            title: 'Show 5 most played tracks in 2015',
            sql: 'strftime('%Y',julianday(DateAdded + 2415018.5),'localtime') = '2015' AND Songs.PlayCounter > 0 ORDER BY Songs.PlayCounter DESC LIMIT 5'
    }, 
    {
I always get an error message.
What's wrong in line ?:

sql: 'strftime('%Y',julianday(DateAdded + 2415018.5),'localtime') = '2015' AND Songs.PlayCounter > 0 ORDER BY Songs.PlayCounter DESC LIMIT 5' 
Every hint is appreciated

Carsten
drakinite

Re: CustomNodes and SQL

Post by drakinite »

I think you just had a syntax error, because you have un-escaped apostrophes inside your string. When editing customNodesDefiniton.js in an IDE like Visual Studio Code, it'll usually show you when there's an error in your JS syntax.

https://i.imgur.com/GaT5qF7.png

Simplest fix is to just replace ' with either " or `. It seems to work for me after fixing the syntax error.

{
        title: 'Show 5 most played tracks in 2015',
        sql: `strftime('%Y',julianday(DateAdded + 2415018.5),'localtime') = '2015' AND Songs.PlayCounter > 0 ORDER BY Songs.PlayCounter DESC LIMIT 5`
    }
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
sonos

Re: CustomNodes and SQL

Post by sonos »

Hi drakinite
Thanks for the hint! :D
I usually use VS Code IDE, but so far I've only tested the queries in the SQL editor. Copy and Paste is not always advisable.
Thanks again
Carsten