Keeps crashing - is now useless to ne

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Wrocker-Bill

Keeps crashing - is now useless to ne

Post by Wrocker-Bill »

Mediamonkey is now useless to me. It crashes all the time and is a waste of time. It used to be fine but now it's just a pain. Unless it improves I'll delete it. I have tried everything but nothing works. I've deleted the whole lot and reinstalled several times, I've tried updating etc etc. All useless. It is just garbage. What can I do?
Lowlander

Re: Keeps crashing - is now useless to ne

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA on which version of Android? What are you doing just before it crashes?

Can you send a debug log from MMA from Help, right after you start it after a crash? Please respond here with the logID.
Peke

Re: Keeps crashing - is now useless to ne

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Like Lowlander said A debug log would be most welcome as it will tell us what is going on.

If you don't want to send us a debug log, you can try the following, and this may be caused by a permissions problem. There have been some reports of this arising if the device updates (e.g. Android 13-->14) and permissions aren't updated as required by the new version.

You can confirm whether this is the case by navigating in MMA to Home > Folders > Files > ... and attempting to play tracks. If they play correctly, but don't play correctly via Home > Music > ..., then it's likely that there's a permissions problem.

Two possible solutions:
1) Manually trigger a permissions update. In MMA, go to Options > Library and Sync > Choose library folders, and you'll be prompted to re-grant required permissions.

2) Do a clean installation of MMA as described at:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... c-profile/

Can you let us know if this helps?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts