Windows 11 Compatibility

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Clevelandkid

Re: Windows 11 Compatibility

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hello Lowlander and Peke,

Sorry to be so thick on these things, but just to be sure,

1. First, use Thumb drive to make copy of the Library of Windows 7 Computer (I will copy all of the 10K song files in there, since I am starting off with the same exact library for both computers.)

2. Then transfer into Windows 11 computer (it will transfer both all song files and the MM program, so the library will look just the same as it does in Windows 7 computer. (at this point, both are a duplicate and functional on both computers ? )

Questions: 1. Do I need to purchase a new MM program for the Windows 11computer for that Transfer to go into? or is it just the one program license being shared among both computers?

2. If in the shared case, when more songs are added or deleted, will they be added or deleted to both libraries simultaneously or just the one computer I am working on at the time? ( I would need full control over whichever computer I am working on at the time, so that both libraries are independent of each other.)

Again, sorry for beating this to death, as I am not very savvy at navigating around the computer and with Media Monkey.

Thanks for your patience, it is greatly appreciated!
CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

To transfer between computers see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer (I'd only take the database file and media files).

1. No, see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... -machines/

2. Not with independent Libraries. It would be up to you to get files to each PC. However even with independent Libraries you could share them. This would allow you to play files from the other PC, but not manage them locally.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hi,

So, If I understand it correctly, I need not to purchase another new License in order to have the MM program on the new Windows11 computer, just put my Gold Licensed program that is now on my Windows 7 computer onto my Windows 11 computer, so both computers will be sharing the same "gold lifetime" license.

Then download the copied program and song files from the Thumb drive into the Windows 11 computer.

At this point both computers will have the same song file library, (but moving forward, can I add additional future songs into each Computer, either individually or simultaneously? (I prefer "Individually" as some new songs will be for the Windows 11 Pop/Rock library, and some for the Windows 7 Pop/Rock and Country songs added library.)

Question 1. How do I place that Gold license that's to be shared onto the new Window 11 computer?
Question 2. When do I do that? before or after I download the thumb drive, or does it automatically do that when I download the thumb drive into the Windows 11 computer?

Kind regards,
CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1, See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ur_License
2. I'd do it first, but it depends on needing Gold features if it matters.