Library issues - installed new SD card

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

jrhogstad

Library issues - installed new SD card

Post by jrhogstad »

I'm running MediaMonkey Android (pro) version 2.0.0.11.52 on a Samsung S20 with a SD card containing music.

I'm not syncing to any other devices or computers.

Upgraded to a larger SD card and added some more music to this card. Since this upgrade I've not been able to scan the files into library. Almost 14 days since the change of cards, and the library is still not scanned completely.

Today I followed the steps found at "How to do a clean install / clear sync settings" (https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... c-profile/)

Started a new scan, and everything looked OK, but when looking at the library I now have 3 entries of each song in the library.

What is happening? I really would like to have a clean install. MediaMonkey is my preferred app for playing music, and still have a hope that this can be fixed.
Lowlander

Re: Library issues - installed new SD card

Post by Lowlander »

You may need to remove old locations from Choose library folders.
jrhogstad

Post by jrhogstad »

I've tried everything now, and even considering to see if there's an other APP to do the purpose.

Here's what I've done:
- At least 5 times I've deleted cache and data, and uninstalled MMA.
- Looked for mediamonkey files on both internal and external storage, and deleted what I found.
- Removed shared folders, and added again
- Renamed the "Music" folder and added

I've organized my music files on the SD card in the folder Music with subfolders.

My last attempt so far looks good, but it takes forever to scan the files and the scan stops after a short while and I have to restart it. Also looks like the multiple files in database issue is resolved (so far) :D
jrhogstad

Post by jrhogstad »

Finally! MMA up and going with my library. Had to start and stop MMA several times, but today my library is completely scanned.

Happy me :-)