MM5 installer creates 2 shortcuts in Windows Start menu pointing to nonexisting files [#20210]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Theowner

MM5 installer creates 2 shortcuts in Windows Start menu pointing to nonexisting files [#20210]

Post by Theowner »

Hi,

MM5 installer creates 2 shortcuts in Windows Start menu pointing to nonexisting files.( MM5 on internet and Readme)

It should be removed from installer.
Ludek

Re: MM5 installer creates 2 shortcuts in Windows Start menu pointing to nonexisting files

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I am not seeing this issue, could you please share more info, especially:
-- which build you tested/installed and be sure that the shortcuts haven't been there before installation already
-- screenshot of the start menu
?

Thanks!
Theowner

Re: MM5 installer creates 2 shortcuts in Windows Start menu pointing to nonexisting files

Post by Theowner »

I have installed latest version 5.0.4.2692.
I already deleted those files so i cant do screenshot now.
But I am sure I deleted those files in previous version too (5.0.4.2690).

I will do screenshot next time I install newer version, if this "problem" still exist.

Windows 10 22h2 64bit
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:23 pm I am not seeing this issue, could you please share more info, especially:
-- which build you tested/installed and be sure that the shortcuts haven't been there before installation already
-- screenshot of the start menu
Hi Ludek,
I see the same issue as reported by Theowner.
I have version 2813.
The shortcut files were created on my PC as part of that installation. See dates on following image.
They both point to non-existent files:
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 5\MediaMonkey.url"
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 5\readme.txt"
To be presented with these broken options you need to press the Windows button, and then scroll down to the MediaMonkey 5 group.

See menu and missing files here.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Theowner

Re: MM5 installer creates 2 shortcuts in Windows Start menu pointing to nonexisting files [#20210]

Post by Theowner »

This is still not fixed in 5.0.4.2693.
Lowlander

Re: MM5 installer creates 2 shortcuts in Windows Start menu pointing to nonexisting files [#20210]

Post by Lowlander »

Correct, it states it's fixed in MediaMonkey 5.1.