Music Deleted During iTunes Contact and Calendar Sync - 5.1.0.2819 Debug [#16998]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

jimgibson

Music Deleted During iTunes Contact and Calendar Sync - 5.1.0.2819 Debug [#16998]

Post by jimgibson »

Hello,

The Debug beta version (5.1.0.2819) has repeated and successfully synced my music and playlists to my iPhone 12 Mini and iPad Mini 5 (both are iOS 17.0.3).

However, when I use iTunes (12.12.10.1) to sync my contacts and calendar, the music and the playlists on both devices are deleted - despite a checked box in iTunes for "Manually manage music and videos."

The log number is 4A750000 (I am not sure I performed the sending the log information properly).

Is this a known issue? Is there another version of MediaMonkey that does not delete the music and playlists after an iTunes syncing of contacts and calendars?

Thank you,

Jim Gibson
Peke

Re: Music Deleted During iTunes Contact and Calendar Sync - 5.1.0.2819 Debug

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you for the log, we will check it.

Unfortunately most likely not as iTunes sync change sync hashes that MM creates on own sync and remove them due the fact it is synced with third party app. Apple never release Hash calculation algorithm, so when they do major change in 99% of cases all third party apps are blocked. :(

We and other developers do all that can in order to be current.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Re: Music Deleted During iTunes Contact and Calendar Sync - 5.1.0.2819 Debug

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
yes, this is known issue and is tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16998
jimgibson

Re: Music Deleted During iTunes Contact and Calendar Sync - 5.1.0.2819 Debug [#16998]

Post by jimgibson »

Thanks for your response.

Am I right in assuming that once this issue is resolved (along with others), a new update will be provided? Also, will I be notified of that new update, by clicking on Help/Check for updates?

Thanks again!

Jim