MM5 no longer ripping

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Caryngas52

MM5 no longer ripping

Post by Caryngas52 »

I have ripped 470 CD's to an external, 2T SSD. Plenty of space left for the remainder of the collection.
All of a sudden, the ripping has stopped. Insert CD, info comes up as always, converting is indicated, as always, but now, the ripped CD shows up on the SSD but the folder is empty. And once the CD is added, the title/folder cannot be deleted.
I have changed nothing. Been doing around 20 CD's at a sitting. No problem.
I uninstalled and reinstalled MM5. Didn't help.
I hope this all makes sense.
I don't have that many CD's left to rip.
I'm an old guy and I'm not really sure about some of the applicable terms.
If someone, as simply as possible, could help me figure this out, I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you!
Caryngas

MM5 stopped ripping

Post by Caryngas »

Been ripping CD's to an external SSD, 2T, plenty of space for my collection. CD drive is external also. Been doing maybe 20 at a sitting. Up to 470 so far.
All of a sudden, ripping has stopped. Load CD, info comes up as normal, ripping is apparent. But when I open folder, it is empty. And, I cannot delete the folder no matter what.
I have changed nothing. Disconnected external drives and reconnected. Uninstalled and reinstalled MM5.
I don't understand a lot of the terms applied here so, as simply as possible, could someone please help?
Thanks?
Lowlander

Re: MM5 no longer ripping

Post by Lowlander »

We're not entirely sure what's really happening. MediaMonkey does copy from the CD to the Temp folder as WAV files, then convert the files to the file type you set and to the destination you set.

Are you getting any error messages? If so, please share the exact message (or post screenshot).

We assume the destination in the Rip dialog is still set to the SSD?