Crash and can't restart MM

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Crash and can't restart MM

Post by tbm72 »

I downloaded the latest MM5 this morning and seemed to be working fine. After using it normally for about 10 minutes I suddenly got a crash out of nowhere and I can't start MM at all now, even after rebooting my PC.

I just get this error when trying to open it:

Never had a crash that persisted after a reboot - help!
tbm72

Re: Crash and can't restart MM

Post by tbm72 »

Think I've fixed it - deleted persistent.json and just have to reconfigure it all again but at least it's working now!
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I've been getting crashes all day with this latest update so I've had to go back to 2819 as I never usually have problems like this. The error messages all seem to be very similar to the screenshot posted above.

Not sure exactly what the problem is but this release seems to be very unstable for me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture these crashes in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
looking at the error and the reason is the same as in case of https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20313

So should be fine again in build 2821.. Was really a regression in 2820
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Great, thank you! 2820 felt very unstable to me so I'm back on 2817 for now but will try the new release when it's out :)

When I did get this crash/error I couldn't restart MM even after a reboot so it was pretty fatal for some reason.

Also, I know nothing about coding but those errors look different to me?