Find anything about any band

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

bwolsey

Find anything about any band

Post by bwolsey »

I have come across a GREAT site that has been a fantastic help in finding out many details about any band, like Year released, Genre and many more cool things.

http://www.allmusic.com

I would love to see it added in the tree under the Web Node. I have found it to be extremely useful and hope that others will too.

Brent :P
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, it could be added there, but just as an ordinary link, probably without any additional features. It would require to purchase a license for their database and it isn't cheap. However, it could be useful anyway. :wink:

Jiri
bwolsey

Post by bwolsey »

By a ordinary link, do you mean just like Amazon.com and CDNow.com is? If so, than that would be great. If that isn't what you mean, then even a link that opens a browser window and takes you there would also work well enough.

I understand how the licensing fees would be costly for actually linking their database into Songs-DB and didn't mean that at all do to the costs involved (unless they wanted to pay you for sending them visitors :D ).

Thanks so much for this fantastic software.

Brent :P
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, it would look like Amazon.com. However, they probably won't pay for visitors. :(