Force Spotify Playlist to Use Best Quality Version in MM [#20297]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

richiefinger

Force Spotify Playlist to Use Best Quality Version in MM [#20297]

Post by richiefinger »

Is it possible to force MM to use the highest quality track possible when importing a playlist from Spotify to MM.
I have various versions of a track all tagged with the same artist and title but sometimes MM will populate that Spotify playlist with an mp3 rather than flac.
Any reason for this?
Any way to make it always choose the best quality option?

EDIT: And all tagged with same album name
Lowlander

Re: Force Spotify Playlist to Use Best Quality Version in MM

Post by Lowlander »

Any reason to maintain a low quality MP3 copy when you have a high quality FLAC copy?

Added for evaluation as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20297
richiefinger

Re: Force Spotify Playlist to Use Best Quality Version in MM [#20297]

Post by richiefinger »

Because amongst the 1m+ tracks in my collection there are discographies, label collections etc that are used for reference purposes more than listening too. Playlists that were made decades ago are just too much hassle to replace individual tracks.
It's easier to leave complete rather than manually replace with higher quality tracks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Hmmm, from what I see as tracks are the same only in different format, my best guess/approach would be to use Auto Organize to same filename/folder structure -> Export those playlists -> Edit them and replace .mp3 with .FLAC and then re-import in MM which would solve playlist issue.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Appreciate the tip, but for my use case it's just easier to have multiple versions.
The cost and speed of storage has gone down so much in the last 5-10 years and the size of a lossless flac file has stayed the same.
I have show and broadcast notes embedded with each version of a track that are much easier to manage by having multiple versions.

For years I tried to keep as few versions as possible but you just run out of fields to tag, or looking at a particular field with 30 or 40 entries is just not clean enough.