Deezer Sync makes private playlists public [#20288]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I'm just using the Deezer Playlist Sync function in MM5 for the first time.
I'm noticing that when I sync to Deezer it changes all my Deezer playlists to public from private. Anyway to stop this happening?
Deezer doesn't seem to have functionality to bulk change the privacy of playlists.
If its not possible can you make sure people know this before using it, I tested it on a seperate Deezer account but my one I actually use all the time has thousands of playlists that have to remain private.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I just posted this in another thread not realising i was on the MM4 boards!!

I'm just using the Deezer Playlist Sync function in MM5 for the first time.
I'm noticing that when I sync to Deezer it changes all my Deezer playlists to public from private. Anyway to stop this happening?
Deezer doesn't seem to have functionality to bulk change the privacy of playlists.
If its not possible can you make sure people know this before using it, I tested it on a test Deezer account but my account I actually use all the time has thousands of playlists that have to remain private.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum
Lowlander

Re: MM5 Addons

Post by Lowlander »

Thanks for reporting, this shall be investigated as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20288
richiefinger

Re: Deezer Sync makes private playlists public [#20288]

Post by richiefinger »

Also getting multiple playlists in MM every time it syncs with Deezer.
example: I have now synced 4 times with Deezer and now have 4 copies of every Deezer playlist in MM. Deezer only has 1 copy. The playlists in Deezer have not changed to cause a new copy.
Perhaps it's because the date has changed on the Deezer pl (that it thinks its had an update?)
The only reason the date has changed on the Deezer pl is because MM has accessed it.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Ideally I'm looking for the same solution as earlier poster.
In that I'd like MM5 to populate/sync a playlist with playlists that I've generated in Excel.
Now that I can see it syncing with Deezer I'd like to know if it can sync/populate my own playlists.

I use Tunemymusic to generate the playlist by copying and pasting the excel data into the "freetext" option on Tunemymusic.
And then transferring to Deezer, This works perfectly.
This is fine for syncing tracks that Deezer has in it's DB to a PL in MM5, but at least 50% of the music I have in my playlists are not on streaming sites.

Obviously I can make the playlist manually but it would be such a time saver to have MM populate them for me.

I tried the Deezer method and it works flawlessly (as long as track is tagged in same format) I'm assuming that it looks for highest quality version possible as that's what the Deezer pls have returned in my testing when I have multiple copies of the same track in different qualities.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Now not getting new playlists synced and bizarrely only same five playlist keep getting duplicated.
Tried deleting all the 5 and their dupes from Deezer and syncing again ans still keep getting problem with same 5 playlists.

Is there any restriction on amount of tracks in playlist or anything like that, that could explain why the new [playlists are not syncing?

I use tunemymusic free version to transfer text to playlists to Deezer (which has a 500 track limit), so none of my playlists have more than 50 tracks
Have tried setting new playlists to public and private , makes no difference, still not being updated to MM
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the failure and duplication during Sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I will try to do the debug tomorrow.

There seems to be a 25 playlist limit that MM/Deezer will sync.
If I look in the devices node / Deezer and look at the playlists in Deezer it only shows 25 playlists.
If I delete one of the playlists from the MM/Device/Deezer/Playlist it will repopulate with an extra playlist but never more than 25

I'm using Deezer premium HiFi and have more than 25 playlists in Deezer

EDIT: Having now tried the Spotify addon I can see this does not have a limit of 25 playlists. I don't know if the Deezer is an MM limit or a Deezer limit?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »