Minimized notification of new song when MM minimized does not show for Streaming Internet Radio "Playlist"

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

riverboatsam

Minimized notification of new song when MM minimized does not show for Streaming Internet Radio "Playlist"

Post by riverboatsam »

MediaMonkey Standard edition, 5.0.4.2690 on a Win 11/64 Home OS.

When I'm playing music from my Media Monkey library and I have Media Monkey minimized, I will get a brief notification in my bottom right-hand corner of the song which quickly fades away. I like this very much. Now, I just set up an Internet Radio station as a Playlist - and the Musician and Song Name appear in the bottom right "Playing/Selected" area on the main Media Monkey screen, and change as the song being played changes, but I do not get that Musician/Song notification when Media Monkey is minimized. I am wondering if there is away or option to somehow "turn that on" for Internet/Radio songs, and if so, how?
- Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Minimized notification of new song when MM minimized does not show for Streaming Internet Radio "Playlist"

Post by Lowlander »

The problem likely is that you're listening to one continuous stream instead of different files. The notification is triggered by the change of playing file, not by a change of metadata for the playing file.