MMW5 custom nodes don't appear in MMA Pro

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

NaomiM

MMW5 custom nodes don't appear in MMA Pro

Post by NaomiM »

I just bought MMW Gold (5.x) and built a couple of custom nodes: BBC Radio and Old Time Radio. I added a bunch of tracks and changed their media type (from "music" to "radio"). Everything looks great in MMW: the new nodes show in the Media Tree, and selecting them displays the radio tracks inside. And I selected the new nodes to sync.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UopsBU ... drive_link

I have MMA Pro on my Samsung S22 and I expected everything to work; I would add the new nodes to my Home screen, and when I opened them I'd see the radio tracks. Nope. The nodes aren't even in the list. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cA1PL1 ... drive_link

Even worse, the "radio" media type doesn't display. The tracks are there, but they're invisible; to find them, I have to search for "radio."

Is MMA Pro unable to read MMW5 customized settings? The rest of my library looks great; I'm only having problems with my customizations.
rusty

Re: MMW5 custom nodes don't appear in MMA Pro

Post by rusty »

MMA Pro doesn't currently support 'Collections'. It only supports a limited number of hard-coded nodes which can be configured to display (or not) on the home screen, and are based on the media 'Type'. More on this at:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/MMA_Navigation/2.0

-Rusty
NaomiM

Post by NaomiM »

Ah, I see - thanks rusty. What I'm hearing is that the MM Pro app is a few steps behind MM Windows Gold; MediaMonkey's paid product for computers and their paid product for phones aren't in the same class. If you use your computer to play music, you're fine: enjoy the extra Gold features. If you use your phone to play music, well....a few of those features aren't for you. You're stuck with a previous-gen app that can't handle a customized music library.

I sure hope MM has plans to bring the "pro" app up to the same level as Gold. Because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who uses their phone to play their music. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who bought Gold and now realizes they wasted their money.

At the very, VERY least, MM should clearly state that some of the Gold features don't work on phones. And then they should buckle down and build an app that actually lives up to their Gold product.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yes--MMW is a desktop product that's been in development for much longer than MMA so it currently has much richer functionality. We try to be clear about this on our site and on the Play store, and give free versions of both products so that users can actually see the differences. And yes, MMA will gradually become more and more powerful, especially as large form-factor Android devices become more popular.

-Rusty
NaomiM

Post by NaomiM »

Hi rusty - thanks for the explanation. I'm frustrated by MMA's limited functionality compared to MMW Gold, but it's helpful to understand why it's like that and that people are working on it. I look forward to when MMA Pro Android has more of the Gold features. All things considered, MMA still outclasses all the other music management apps out there.