Can I use portable install to transfer files to an iPod without having iTunes?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

HobbesMB

Can I use portable install to transfer files to an iPod without having iTunes?

Post by HobbesMB »

I have an iPod Nano 7th gen that I'd like to take on a long-distance hike. Due to the limited 16GB capacity I'd like to be able to add or swap music and audiobooks when I get to a public or borrowed computer. These computers wouldn't have iTunes on them.

Can I use a portable install of MediaMonkey on a flash drive to move files to an iPod if the computer doesn't have iTunes? I was hoping I could add whatever drivers are needed to the portable install so this would be possible.
Lowlander

Re: Can I use portable install to transfer files to an iPod without having iTunes?

Post by Lowlander »

Sync will work with any non-iOS device without iTunes. Portable or non-Portable makes no difference in this regard.
HobbesMB

Re: Can I use portable install to transfer files to an iPod without having iTunes?

Post by HobbesMB »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:50 pm Sync will work with any non-iOS device without iTunes. Portable or non-Portable makes no difference in this regard.
Thanks Lowlander! That was quite helpful and I was able to successfully use a portable install to accomplish this.