Menu symbol

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

oldugly

Menu symbol

Post by oldugly »

This is a minor point, but one thing I've noticed, both using MM5 myself, as well as perusing some of the forums, is that often times people can't figure out how to do something because the function is found under the three-dot menu on the various panels. I myself spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to disable the "show all subnodes" option in order to activate the Genre Categories (I right-clicked everywhere, and looked over every Option before I finally noticed the menu).

So I was wondering if maybe the "hamburger" style, three horizontal lines symbol might be better, or at least more noticeable. A quick survey of my Pixel phone showed a plurality of apps tend to use the hamburger menu rather than the three dots, including in particular the MM app. So just a suggestion that maybe it is the better way to display that (and be consistent with the app).
MediaMonkey Gold user for 10+ years.
MM5 Gold (Lifetime) 5.0.4.2693; Windows 11; MMA 2.0.0.1152
Lowlander

Re: Menu symbol

Post by Lowlander »

MMA also uses 3-dot for this style of menu. Hamburger is generally used for a panel, whereas 3-dot for a pop-up menu.
oldugly

Re: Menu symbol

Post by oldugly »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:11 pm MMA also uses 3-dot for this style of menu. Hamburger is generally used for a panel, whereas 3-dot for a pop-up menu.
Hmm, I never noticed that subtle difference.
MediaMonkey Gold user for 10+ years.
MM5 Gold (Lifetime) 5.0.4.2693; Windows 11; MMA 2.0.0.1152